Monday, September 24, 2007

The Waterway 5k and Early Morning Fog

Well, Billy, Steph and I made it through the 5k on Saturday - not in the championship form we hoped for, but hey...for Billy it was the first race ever, and Steph only intended to walk...fun was had by all. I got a 31:27 and Billy came in somewhere around 27 minutes. Next race? Hertford, 27 October. If you haven't signed up, and you are at all inclined to do so, you should sign up now. You can do so at the Trailblazers website: Trailblazersnc.org. They have an online registration system, as well as contact info. Billy and I signed up already, so we'll see you there - the race starts at the tennis court right around the corner from our house.

This morning I had a good run, two miles in 18:26 - which makes me wonder what happened on Saturday. The fog was so thick you couldn't see half a block ahead of you, but it was great weather for running.

The web site - Historic-Hertford.com - is coming along well. I've added the functions to allow local organizations to put up their contact information, local events to be recorded and presented, and an announcement board. More to follow. Today I begin the tedious task of making the pages of the site pretty and uniform - adding that professional touch. Hope to see you on the site where we can watch the history of our little town come to life.

DNW

No comments: