Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Morning Run

I've been running lately, every morning just after 6:00. It's funny how much of a town you notice at different times of day. In the morning you see the branches that are down, the houses for sale...you notice the animals. Huge V-shaped squadrons of Canadian Geese were honking overhead this morning. A couple of folks were out with their dogs...early in the morning dogs show little interest in runners...I've yet to be chased, except by Rocky - our Maltese, who THINKS he could run two miles but is probably good for about two blocks before I'd have to carry him (which I'd gladly do, he's a fuzzy white warrior) but it's not in the morning plan.

Down by Missing Mile Park I take a turn past the water on a wooden walkway that runs parallel to the river. Sometimes there are turtles or snakes on the walk, but not today. Today, there were spider's webs stretched across, catching night bugs, I suppose. I broke through, but I know they'll be back again tomorrow.

I'm going to start posting regularly here again - notes from the morning run will be big on the list.

One thing to point out. I have a new book out, and another due by the end of the month. Both can be purchased at Carolina Moon Books - which I pass every time I run. The first is "Defining Moments," my new collection, which features two stories set in the fictional town of OLD MILL, NC - which is loosely based on Hertford and Winfall. This is a collectible edition - only 167 were ever printed by the World Fantasy Award Winning SAROB PRESS in the UK. It's a bit pricey at $50, but is gorgeous. "Ancient Eyes," my new novel, will be in stock soon - it's $45, but an absolutely GORGEOUS signed limited edition book. There are 300 copies of it in existence. Several of those reside at Carolina Moon - and I'd be happy to run by and personalize them.

Checking in from the outskirts of the Great Dismal Swamp...

David Niall Wilson

PS - Welcome to Steve & Family - Go Chargers!

No comments: