Saturday, May 27, 2006

Tommy the Hertle ..um...Hertford Turtle

I posted these over at my personal journal site as well, but since Tommy IS a Hertford turtle, found in the cemetery over on King Street - obviously descended from the courageous turtles who guard the tributary off of the Perquimans River that slides under the old "S" bridge winding into town, I thought it was fitting if he had his day in the sun -- so to speak -- here at The Great Dismal Swamp Gazette.





Click here and you can see Tommy's great "escape" move -- performed when he runs across humans

And finally I wanted to mention that on Saturday, 24 June, I'll be signing copies of my novel, "The Mote in Andrea's Eye," at M. James Booksellers on Market Street in Hertford, right across the street (basically) from the drugstore. Come on down and mett us.


DNW

No comments: